The Mook.Net Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Some Minor Tweaks 
Benevolent Host

Post Some Minor Tweaks
Howdy all, spent a couple hours today updating some things:

• Added the traditional 'TheMook.Net' link in the upper left corner. Hopefully this isn't too ugly/distracting, just always seemed like a good idea to have a consistent 'home' type button across all sections of the site.

• Added a site navigation bar above the forum navigation bar. This one should be okay, as it integrates pretty seamlessly - again, to bring the forum more 'into the fold' of the whole site instead of as its own separate thing.

• Put back the Google ads that were on the original forums. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. :googly:

Here's the thing with the Google ads - in the almost four years this version of TheMook.Net has been up, with Google ads running, it's earned $41.00. :rofl: Lol, yes, I know. :rofl: They won't actually send you the money though until you hit the $100.00 mark, so that means in another four years or so, I should be getting a check. :handball:

I know that sounds silly, but TheMook.Net isn't free, and even though it's only $9/month for hosting, considering I've been out of work for almost two years it's a miracle it's still here. :approval: At least with the Google ads there's the possibility that someday that ship will come in, and I won't have to beg, borrow, or steal the hosting fee for almost a full year.
:woot: :woot: :woot:

I did remove the banner ad from Gameservers though. They're the company that the Laid Back Assassins rent our SoF2 game server from, and they are awesome, 100x better than the idiots renting our old server. Their banner ad system is great too, for every person that rents a server from them through your banner, their first month's rental fee gets applied to the LBA account (so basically, a free month of service for every sign up). Unfortunately, we get about three clicks a month and not a single sign up in 6 months, so I took 'em down (mostly because the new "center-ized" forum style isn't wide enough to have two banners side-by-side without looking very ugly).

Whew, okay, done rambling now! :yawn: Please let me know what you think of the changes, good, bad, and ugly - you know me, always futzing around with things anyway, so might as well let me know what you think of things. :mrgreen: :rock:

Spytte to the WoW adventurers.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]