ATTN: Everything You Need To Play On Our Server
Greetings folks! Below you will find very specific instructions on how to get the most out of your time playing on the LBA server, the Kill-a-Rama
. We hope to see you all soon - the Laid Back Assassins welcome players of all skill levels and from all over the world, so come on in and join us for some Soldier of Fortune mayhem SUMMARY
Server IP: 188.8.131.52:20100
Ventrilo IP: vent4.gameservers.com:4589 (download client here)
Sound Pack (optional ~ 30mb, download soundpack here)
Map Pack (optional ~ 30mb, download map pack here)
Other Maps Pack (optional ~ 48mb, download other maps pack here)
DETAILServer IP: 184.108.40.206:20100
To connect to the Kill-a-Rama
, start your Soldier of Fortune 2 game, then choose the left most icon ("Join Server"). From there choose the "New Favorite" button and type in "220.127.116.11:20100" under "IP Address", then click "OK". Or, from that same screen you can pull down the console by pressing the tilde key (~), then typing "18.104.22.168:20100". If you have any trouble finding our server, please send an email to 'scaramanga @ themook.net'.Ventrilo IP: vent4.gameservers.com:4589
To connect to our Ventrilo voice chat server you must first download the free Ventrilo client
. After downloading and installing the Ventrilo client, start it up and follow the steps below:
- To the far right of the "User Name" field, click the box button with a "->" in it to open the 'Setup User' box.
- Click on "New", and for name type in the name you want to be known as, then hit "Ok", then back at the 'Setup User' window hit "Ok" again.
- Back at the main window, to the far right of the "Server" field, click the box button with a "->" in it to open the 'Connection Editor' box.
- Click on "New", and for name type in "LBA Killarama" (or whatever you want - this is just so you know which server you're connecting to), then hit "Ok".
- Back at the 'Connection Editor' window, in the "Hostname or IP" field type in "vent4.gameservers.com" ... in the "Port number" field type in "4589". Hit the "Ok" button.
- You should now be back at the main window, and if you hit the "Connect" button it will log you in to the LBA Ventrilo server.
- To play around with the Ventrilo settings, hit the "Setup" button, there are a number of options in there you can fiddle with if you want - only a couple things I'll mention.
- On the 'Voice' tab, you can change your Push To Talk Hotkey to whatever you want by putting the cursor inside the 'Hotkey' field and pressing the button - I really recommend keeping the "Use Push To Talk Hotkey (PTT Mode)" box enabled, it almost always causes echoes and feedback for other users when using Voice Activation instead.
- On the 'Events' tab, I recommend changing "Users connected to server", "Users disconnected from server", "You switch channels", and "Users switch channels" from the default 'Wave file' to 'Text-to-speech' so the server will inform you audibly of who's joining and leaving (though naturally this is optional and up to you).
I swear it's not as complicated as it looks.
Just a few clicks here and there, nothing major, no harder to set up than TeamSpeak. Sound Pack
We have spent a great deal of time and energy putting together what we consider one of the best custom sound packs around - it contains nearly 1000 bindable sounds. It is a lot of fun - it is also very big
You can download our soundpack by clicking here
. Once you have downloaded the file, named "LBA_SoundPack_v2.zip", unzip it as you would any other ".zip" file. The resulting file, named "LBA_SoundPack_v2.pk3", goes in your "RocMod" folder and you're done (if your SoF2 is installed to "C:\Games\SoF2", then your RocMod folder will be "C:\Games\SoF2\rocmod"). Map Pack
We play a lot of fun custom maps at the Kill-a-Rama, in addition to the standard SoF2 maps - you don't necessarily have
to download them, but obviously if a map comes up in the cycle or is voted on and you don't have it, the server will bounce you.
Once a map is downloaded and unzipped, the resulting pk3 file goes in your "base" folder (if your SoF2 is installed to "C:\Games\SoF2", then your "base" folder will be "C:\Games\SoF2\base")Click here to download
the full 30mb Current Maps zip file containing 11 custom maps, or download the maps individually below:Aztecmp_aztec.pk3Brutus Battle Househouse.pk3Brutus Battle Mazemazes.pk3Condomdm_condom.pk3Dust 2mp_dust2.pk3Lost World (20stp)20stp_lost_world_3.pk3Swimming Poolswimminpool.pk3TB Falcontb_falcon.pk3TB Falcon 2tb_falcon2.pk3TW Honeymoon's Overtw_honeymoons_over.pk3Valley of Death (20stp)20stp_valley_of_death.pk3Other Maps Pack
In addition to the custom maps in our current Map Cycle
, the following maps are also sometimes played.Click here to download
the full 48mb Other Maps zip file containing 16 custom maps, or download the maps individually below:Alcatrazmm_alcatraz.pk3Balloon Parkballoon_park.pk3Beach InvasionBeach_V2_Invasion_RtCW.pk3Cobblemp_cbble.pk3Complexcomplex.pk3Dust Citydust_city.pk3Italymp_italy.pk3Mad Facilitymad_facility.pk3Nightfightnightfight.pk3Pacmanpacman.pk3Playpenplaypen.pk3Return to Ravenrtn_raven.pk3RS Killhousers_killhouse.pk3Southern Francemp_sfrance_v2.pk3The CageTheCage.pk3Park, Thepark1.pk3